As 2016 comes to a close it’s time to take a look back at the year. There were quite a few exciting developments happening at Sunny Street Café this year! We have grown as a team, a family, and as a community.
- We opened a new restaurant in Carbondale, IL
- There is now another Sunny Street Café in Canada- St Albert!
- A new favorite pancake was discovered- the Cinnamon Roll Pancake: big-as-the-plate buttermilk pancakes with a cinnamon-sugar swirl in the middle, topped with maple cream drizzle and cinnamon butter.
- Along with Cinnamon Roll Pancakes we celebrated National Pancake Week– a whole week dedicated to our favorite breakfast dish.
- This Fall we participated in PJs and Eggs once again in Columbus, OH, helping to collect pjs for the children who need them at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. There’s nothing better than breakfast for dinner for a good cause!
- Our restaurants believe in charity, and this year we helped support countless organizations- from the local police, to food pantries, to Toys for Tots, to animal shelters.
- Tradition runs strong at Sunny Street Café, but our community’s love for our Pumpkin Spice Pancakes might run even stronger. We use a special made-from-scratch pumpkin spice batter, the pancakes are cooked to a golden, fluffy perfection, then topped with a tres leches drizzle and homemade cinnamon butter.
What a great year indeed! Now it’s time to look forward to 2017- what delicious creations will we discover? Where will we go next? Stay tuned.